Campaign URL Builder
Input your website URL, campaign source, campaign medium, campaign name in the below UTM Builder to build your custom online marketing campaign URL. Campaign term and campaign content are optional.
| * Input the website URL:|
|* Input the Campaign Source: |
|* Input the Campaign Medium: |
|* Input the Campaign Name: |
|Input the Campaign Term: |
|Input the Campaign Content: |
What is UTM?
UTM is abbreviated as Urchin Tracking Module. It’s a simple code that can be appended to any URL to track data. The collected data will be stored in the Google Analytics tool. The Google Analytics tool should be implemented on your website already.
Why should we use UTM?
UTM is used to track data like campaign source, medium, name, term and content. This is means that you can track from where and how the visitors are coming to your website. This helps us understand the traffic of a website.
We can include 5 parameters to the URL. Below are the parameters and respective explanations,
- utm_source: To find out the website or platform sent you the traffic.
- Example: Google, Yahoo
- utm_medium: To find out the type of link used.
- Example: Email, CPC
- utm_name: To identify specific product promotion or strategic campaign.
- Example: Summer sale, 40% Offer
- utm_term: To catch the keyword used (mainly used for paid search ads).
- Example: Computer accessories, Best sunglasses
- utm_content: To find out what specifically was clicked.
- Example: Banner ad, Link ad
UTM Realtime Example
Let’s say you’re going to run a Facebook campaign to promote your grocery shop. So, when you’re inputting the landing page URL, add the UTM code at the end of your actual landing page URL.
Let’s say your landing page URL is https://www.google.com/ and you can include the data as below,
- Campaign Source: facebook
- Campaign Medium: social-media
- Campaign Name: grocery-summer-sale
- Campaign Term (optional): cooking-oil
- Campaign Content (optional): cta
The above UTM Builder builds the final landing page would like this,
About the author
Kavin is a passionate blogger from Know Online Marketing. He publishes insightful and value-added articles and infographics on online marketing, blogging, WordPress, hosting and domain, web design/development, digital tools, online courses, and more.